Who we are:
Consumer Refund Service Ltd is a claims management company and is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated Claims Management Activities (authorisation number CRM29275). Its registration is recorded on the website www.gov.uk/moj/cmr.
Our registered office address is Arden House, Regent Centre, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 3LU.
We are entered in the Information Commissioner’s Register of Data Controllers with registration number Z3563634.
Information we may collect from you:
We collect certain basic information about you when you visit our website and by other means. We recognise the importance both of keeping that information secure and of letting you know what we intend to do with it.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (consumer-refund.org).
- Information required to complete our services that we will request directly from you, including about your personal circumstances and information about your financial products and services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a copy of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of services.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data].
- By means of ‘cookies’ when you visit our website.
We may also collect information about you in other ways;
- If you are a client of ours, from that relationship
- Indirectly from a third party
- If you are a supplier of ours, from that relationship.
What we do with your information:
We use your information to provide you with the services that you request.
When we share it:
- In investigating whether you have ever been sold payment protection insurance, we may send your details to and also use information from banks/building societies/other credit organizations and to the Financial Ombudsman.
- We may disclose your information to law enforcement or regulatory bodies if required to do so by them and to our auditors.
- We use an outsourced print-house who manage our printing, they receive a copy of the postal communication and print this on our behalf.
- We use third party firms who provide essential storage arrangements, software and support our infrastructure.
- We use professional legal, consultancy and accountancy services to help us fulfill our legal observations.
Consumer Refund Service Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes with any third parties.
How we keep your data secure:
Only authorised personnel and contractors have access to your information.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to it being stored or processed. We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we keep your data for?
Consumer Refund Service will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary. We will retain the information you provide while your claim is ongoing or as needed to be able to fulfil our service to you. If legally required, or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve dispute, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required.
You have the right to ask us to change, correct or delete your personal information at any time. Our security procedures may mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information.
You have the right to ask to be removed from our mailing lists when we write to you.
You have the right to request a copy of relevant information we hold about you. Such request must be made in writing using the above contact details.
Updated: 25th April 2018.