Consumer Refund Service Ltd is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority under the temporary permissions regime for Claims Management Companies.
Consumer Refund Service Ltd are Financial Dispute Resolution Specialists and will handle your complaint about your Lender for the potential mis-selling of your Payment Protection Insurance Policy(s).
Your complaint will be submitted to your Lender in accordance with their complaint process. If unsuccessful we will (if appropriate) refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service for adjudication. We will not use the Court Service and will not risk costing you any money other than our Charges detailed below.
Once you sign agreeing to our Terms of Engagement, we will send your complaint to your Lender. After this you need to do is:
- Ensure you have provided us with all relevant information and documents you have about your Policy(s)
- Tell us if your contact details change
- Tell us if the Lender contacts you directly
- Return to us any additional information that we need from you
- Allow us to deduct our fee before forwarding the balance to you
- Satisfy our fees within 14 days if payment is send directly to you by the Lender
- Consumer Refund Service Ltd will deal with all other matters.
The charges for our service are:
Consumer Refund Service offer a “No Win, No Fee” Service and charge no upfront fees. This means that if you do not benefit financially from our services we will not charge you for the services you receive from us.
Consumer Refund Service will charge 24%* (inclusive of VAT) of any financial benefit that you receive. (Financial benefit includes any compensation, reduction of an existing debt; or any other form of redress).
*Our fees are subject to Regulatory Change and will be charged at the prevailing maximum rate. Contracts entered into prior to 10th July 2018 are chargeable at the rate outlined in such contracts.
(Examples of our fee structure is demonstrated in below).
Please note that your Lender may uphold other mis-sold PPI that you may have purchased as a result of our approach to them. If this is the case, we will deal with these cases on your behalf and the same charges of 24% will apply.
If you owe us charges for any other complaint that we have pursued on your behalf we reserve the right to offset any redress you receive against your debt to us.
If the the redress we obtain for you is;
- £1,000, then the fee payable by you to us would be £240 (inclusive of VAT where applicable)
- £3,000, then the fee payable by you to us would be £700 (inclusive of VAT where applicable)
- £10,000, then the fee payable by you to us would be £2,400 (inclusive of VAT where applicable)
If your offer of compensation is used entirely by you lender to reduce your outstanding credit agreement balance, we shall charge a flat fee of £240 if the compensation offered is more than £1000.00.
Our flat fee is payable by 12 standing order instalments of £20 per calendar month. The first instalment being due no later than 30 days after the date of invoice and subsequent payments monthly thereafter. Should the aforementioned schedule of payments be breached, we reserve the right to revise our invoice and calculate our fees as if all compensation was payable “cash in hand” (24% of any financial benefit)
If your offer of compensation is used entirely by you lender to reduce your outstanding credit agreement balance, we shall waive our fee if the compensation offered is less than £1000.00.
Terminating this Agreement:
You are entitled to cancel this agreement at any point within 14 days of signing it and incur no charge. In addition, even after the 14 day cooling off period, you are entitled to cancel this agreement at any point and will incur no charge unless your Lender has offered a financial benefit. If you cancel after your Lender has offered a financial benefit our charges remain 24% (inclusive of VAT) of the financial benefit.
Data & Confidentiality:
All of your data is controlled and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will be used to help us pursue your complaint. Your files are kept for 6 years and will be returned to you upon request.
Payment Protection Insurance:
If we are successful in recovering your money, your PPI cover will be cancelled.
Before finalising this agreement, it is important that we advise you that you can make the complaint to the Lender yourself. All Lenders have a complaints procedure they must follow and the Financial Ombudsman Service offer a free adjudication service.
1. We aim to provide an excellent customer service at all times. However, if you are at all dissatisfied with the service that you receive, complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or in any other form in respect of a claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the Compensation Act 2006. Please write to Customer Complaints, Consumer Refund Service, Arden House, Regent Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3LU or telephone 01661 678007 or email [email protected]
2. We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint for the business. Wherever possible, that person will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint, and will have authority to settle the complaint.
3. Within four weeks of receiving a complaint, we will send you either: a) a final response adequately addressing the complaint; or b) a holding response, which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and indicates when we will make further contact with you.
4. Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:a) a final response adequately addressing the complaint; or b) a response which: i) explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response; and ii) informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
5. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress that you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress, but could involve an apology or another suitable form of redress.
6. We might not be able to consider your complaint if:
– what you’re complaining about happened more than six years ago; and
– you complain more than three years from when you became aware (or should have become aware) that you had a reason to complain
7. Should you remain dissatisfied with the service you have received, you may escalate your complaint within six months to the Financial Ombudsman Service by phone on 0800 023 4567 or post to: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange, London, E14 9SR.